Monday, June 18, 2007

day one

My first day back at the office was great. I was especially very happy to see all of my old colleagues. A couple of us went out to eat lunch at a little German restaurant just across the street from our office. I had salat mit puten und mineralvassen (salad with grilled turkey and mineral water. Sorry if my German is still off. I'm making an effort!)

After work, my co-worker and I went to Kaufland's for some groceries. I spent 25 Euros on basics; milk, bread, lunch meat, sugar, etc.





There's a gas station just next to our apartment area that sells most common household items, as well. I'll probably venture out a little more within the next few days.

3 comments:

blog said...

very awesome jackie. more pictures! :)

Anonymous said...

Hi Jackie!!!! I am answering for your grandma Eva because it took awhile to find the respond button. This is your OLD cousin Anne - I have been visiting at the farm and now in Washington. Your blog is awesome - I loved the pictures. Also... We have the same favorite movies (except Aliens- though I haven't seen it) and some of the books in common! I am so excited for you to be in Germany - what an incredible view from your appartment. The pictures are great - keep sending! What a great idea to keep everyone up to date on what you are doing and SEEING. Your Grandma will be sending her own reply shortly.

Anonymous said...

Hey Jackie
Anne showed me how to post the comment. She has been to Germany and all over Europe and loved your blog. She is a French teacher in Chicago, and has taken her students abrod all the time.She was so excited to see this. Her favorite hotel in Germany is the Frankfort Airport! They have great showers! NOT!!!Love ya, Greemar

 
eXTReMe Tracker